Your Guide To Finding A West Lakeview Therapist
Finding a therapist you like and can trust may take a little bit of legwork on your end. You’ll want to start doing your homework, narrowing the infinite list of possibilities, and then begin scheduling calls and consultations with those who make the top of your list.
1. Make A Master List
Here are a few ways to get started:
- Ask other trusted professionals for referrals. Your primary care physician will likely have a list of Lakeview therapists they recommend for different types of needs. They can help you identify a couple of providers who specialize in what you’re looking for.
- Talk to your family and friends if you feel comfortable. They may already be working with a local therapist they would recommend to you.
- Take a look at healthcare-specific resources. There’s a number of organizations whose primary goal is to support you in your efforts to find a provider. Consider your insurance company, local schools, and universities who’d have a network of referrals, your place of employment, and therapist-oriented resources like Psychology Today, to find recommended options.
- Do your own research. Resources like Google and Facebook are a great way to get a clear picture of the West Lakeview therapists who you may consider working with. You can see reviews from patients, as well as do more in-depth research about the types of therapy they practice and their areas of expertise.
2. Start Narrowing Your List
Armed with a “master list” of West Lakeview therapists you’re considering working with, the next step is to start filtering that list. Take a look at the therapist’s website to get a better idea of their ideology, practice areas, and approaches to therapy. If it doesn’t seem like a good fit, cross them off the list.
Don’t be afraid to call the office and talk with their admin team about any questions that may have come from your research so you can better understand the therapist(s) in question and their organization. There’s a lot to be gained from a conversation prior to scheduling an appointment and you can further narrow your list of Lakeview therapists to get you one step closer to finding the right fit.
3. Schedule Consultations
Most therapists’ offices will offer phone, video, or in-person consultations so you can begin getting to know the therapist you’re considering working with before diving into your specific struggles and goals. Once you’ve narrowed your list to a few top contenders, go ahead and schedule a consultation with those therapists and see what feels right.
At the end of the day, selecting a therapist is about instinct. If it doesn’t feel like a good fit, don’t force it. There is a West Lakeview therapist out there for you.
WCG: Your Trusted West Lakeview Therapists
At Wellington Counseling Group, we have three locations serving the Chicagoland area, including an office in Lakeview. We have a team of therapists, all with different areas of expertise and specialization so you can find someone who meets your needs.
If you’re looking for a West Lakeview therapist you can trust, call on Wellington Counseling Group.