Director of Assessments
Wellington Counseling Group (WCG) is accepting applications for a full-time licensed psychologist to serve as our Director of Assessments. WCG is a well-established and thriving multi-specialty group practice with a flourishing testing clinic. Our Northbrook office will be the primary base for testing, and our Lakeview office will be utilized as well. This full-time position requires mostly daytime availability (8a-4p) with an option to work on weekends and evenings when requested. Given the nature of the testing process, WCG provides ample scheduling flexibility.
Ideal candidates are those who possess intermediate to advanced testing skills and who are interested in assuming a leadership role while expanding our existing assessment clinic.
Primary Responsibilities for the Director of Assessments include:
- Testing: Perform all duties of psychological and/or neuropsychological testing. Must have experience with child and school-based assessments, ADHD assessment (including adult), and reasonable familiarity with neuropsychological testing. Candidates who are comfortable with projective and personality-based measures are preferred, but these skills are not required, as WCG can provide advanced training in these tests. Overall, ideal candidates should have extensive experience with test administration and interpretation and the ability to integrate complex results. Candidates who possess excellent writing skills and who can efficiently produce reports will be highly considered.
- Business Development: The Director is expected to devote time each week toward building and maintaining relationships in the community for fostering the continued growth of the clinic. This often includes 1:1 meetings with local colleagues, coordinating in-service presentations for medical providers, other group presentations, networking events, etc.
- Supervision: Oversee and supervise post and/or pre-doctoral level students. WCG has typically retained the assistance of 1-2 trainees per academic year. The incoming director is expected to further build our existing training program. Candidates with prior experience teaching or supervising assessment students will also be highly considered.
Employees can expect to receive the following*:
- A vibrant group of professionals, where each clinician is encouraged and supported to develop their own clinical style and interests.
- A thriving practice established in 2005 with a steady stream of referrals for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Full use of billing staff and practice management software with onboard scheduling and notes
- Access to an affordable range of Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plans (partially employer-funded)
- Optional dental and vision coverage
- Short- and long-term disability insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Life Insurance Policy (100% employer-paid)
- Malpractice insurance (100% employer-paid)
- 40-hours per year of paid “sick time” (100% employer-paid)
- Participation in 401(k) with up to 4% match, and profit-sharing, all with institutional investment advice provided at no charge.
Candidates must not maintain current employment relationships with other local private practices or group practices. WCG requires all employees to sign a non-compete agreement. Please visit us online at WellingtonCounselingGroup.com, to learn more about our practice.
- Subject line should read: 2020 Director of Assessments Application
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from clinicians well-acquainted with your clinical work and professional interests
*note: some benefits may require greater than part-time status
Wellington Counseling Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.