Postdoctoral Fellowship in Chicago with Wellington Counseling Group
2023-2024 Academic Year
Wellington Counseling Group (WCG) is a well-established and thriving multi-specialty group practice, serving clients throughout the lifespan with three locations in and around Chicago. We are accepting applications for our postdoctoral fellowship in Clinical Psychology for the 2023-2024 training year – based primarily at our Chicago-Lakeview location.
Ideal candidates are those with experience working with children and adolescents, as this will constitute a sizeable portion of your clientele; however, this does not exclude working with adults. Candidates should also be experienced with and have an interest in testing. The fellowship is designed to be a one-year program with the intention that the postdoc will continue into a full-time staff psychologist position, thereafter.
Start date is negotiable depending on the circumstances and needs of practice and candidates.
Postdoctoral fellows can expect to receive the following:
- A stipend of $60,000 for the Fellowship year
- A vibrant group of professionals, where each clinician is encouraged and supported to develop their own clinical style and interests
- A 40-hour workweek with a competitive salary and attractive benefits
- A thriving practice established in 2005 with a steady referral stream of children, adolescents, and adults
- Approximately 6-8 testing cases throughout the year
- 1 to 2 hours per week of individual supervision. Extensive training with a variety of options from any of our licensed psychologists
- Group Supervision Case Conference
- Opportunities to develop and facilitate various therapeutic groups
- Full use of billing staff and practice management software with onboard scheduling and notes
- Malpractice insurance
Access to group-sponsored benefits such as:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Ancillary Products of: Group Life/AD&D, Disability Coverage, Pet Insurance, Auto & Home LegalShield, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospitalization, and Prepaid Legal ID Theft Restoration
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical, Dependent Care, Transit, and Parking
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off or Sick Time Off
- Participation in 401(k) with discretionary employer matching.
Candidates must not maintain current employment relationships with other private practices or group practices. WCG requires all employees to sign a non-compete agreement. Please visit us online at WellingtonCounselingGroup.com, to learn more about our practice.
- Subject line should read: 2023 postdoc application
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcript from Graduate Program
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from clinicians well-acquainted with your graduate training, clinical work, professional interests
- Writing Sample of a psychological evaluation
- A list of tests and measurements you have administered
Wellington Counseling Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.