Wellington Counseling Group (WCG) is a well-established and thriving multi-specialty group practice, serving clients throughout the lifespan with three locations in and around Chicago. We are accepting applications for one postdoctoral fellowship in Clinical Psychology for the 2020-2021 training year - at our Northbrook location.
Ideal candidates are those with experience working with children and adolescents, as this will constitute a sizeable portion of your clientele; however, this does not exclude working with adults (roughly 50% of caseloads). Candidates should also be experienced with and have an interest in testing.
The fellowship begins as a 12-month fellowship position but is designed for those who are seeking a three-year commitment to join our team as a licensed psychologist. The start date is negotiable depending on the circumstances and needs of practice and candidates.
Postdoctoral fellows can expect to receive the following:
- A vibrant group of professionals, where each clinician is encouraged and supported to develop their own clinical style and interests.
- A 40-hour workweek with a competitive salary and attractive benefits.
- A thriving practice established in 2005 with a steady stream of referrals for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Approximately 6-8 testing cases throughout the year.
- 1 to 2 hours per week of supervision. Extensive training with a variety of options from any of our five licensed psychologists.
- Opportunities to develop and facilitate various therapeutic groups.
- Full use of billing staff and practice management software with onboard scheduling and notes.
- Access to an affordable range of Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance plans (employee paid)
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 40-hours per year of paid “sick time.”
- Malpractice insurance
- Participation in 401(k) and profit sharing plans, with investment advice provided at no charge.
- Subject line should read: 2019 postdoc application
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcript from Graduate Program
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from clinicians well-acquainted with your graduate training, clinical work, professional interests
- Writing Sample of a psychological evaluation
- A list of tests and measurements you have administered.